Selecting 24s - Kapan or Bogota

Kapan or Bogota

• Kapan

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Bogota

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'20 Limited Max Star White.

Stock suspension.

Wheels to be in silver finish.

Pick between the two styles as I am torn. Both are within the same price range and available.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
I've been on the fence for months about moving to 24" wheels. The Kapan's are what I want in black but not sure I want the 24"s. You can't get them in 22" due to the bolt pattern or they'd be on my truck. Either would be cool as I've lurked around both those.

Please post whatever you get as there are VERY few photos online with any generation of Expy with rims.

I still can't believe the limited offering of wheels from Ford. GM offers like 10 options on the Tahoe and Yukon and then charges $2,995 per set. Missed opp if you ask me. (And don't get me started on the fact the Platinum only has 1 option and that 1 option can be had on the other trim levels)

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am opting to go with a wheel that's not in this poll.

The offsets on these 24x10 are just not exactly what I am looking for.

I will post what I get, when I have them mounted. Could be a few weeks.

Just now trying to decide between 305/35/24 or 285/40/24. Only a half inch difference in sidewall height but always want to get things just right.

Last edited:

Highlightreel

Reaction score
Ok, can't wait to see what you do. Good luck!

I had 18"s put on my 2002 Explorer and had them also put on 17" to see the difference because I was just too nervous going up from the 16". That was a nice option to make sure I was happy and very much appreciated. But living in MN there's no dealer for Giovanna or Vossen, etc. so it's tough to roll the dice when you're talking 2-4k or having to order multiple wheels like a pair of pants.

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most wheels choices right now are limited due to the pandemic stuff.

I had 3 or 4 choices before settling on the ones I am going for now, but unfortunately they are all out of stock and no idea when or if they will return.

The tire size is my biggest question now. I want to be sure they aren't rubber bands nor too much meat to make an already oversized diameter wheel look like a Hot Wheels car.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every manufacturer should have multiple options, definitely a miss by Ford.

Porsche for example probably makes a fortune from selling 911 turbo wheels on non-turbo trims.

Every car I’ve leased or bought the wheels make or break the trim I go with of you can’t pick and choose independently.

Give me a black or graphite looking wheel option and I’m buying!

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every manufacturer should have multiple options, definitely a miss by Ford.

Porsche for example probably makes a fortune from selling 911 turbo wheels on non-turbo trims.

Every car I’ve leased or bought the wheels make or break the trim I go with of you can’t pick and choose independently.

Give me a black or graphite looking wheel option and I’m buying!

A miss or a temptation to buy a higher trim level?

There's no oversight on Ford's part, guys like me will pony up the extra for differences such as the wheel combination.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A miss or a temptation to buy a higher trim level?

There's no oversight on Ford's part, guys like me will pony up the extra for differences such as the wheel combination.

100% agree. That’s one reason I went special edition instead of Limited. I wanted the black wheels.

But wouldn’t you pony up even more to have an exclusive wheel?

Go to a BMW’s website and build an X5 and you are presented with up to 7 wheel options all of which are $1000-2000 mark ups for the wheels alone many of which require the “M Sport” package for another $6k on top of that.

Sorry to the OP for high jacking here haha.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
A HUGE miss by Ford in my opinion. Chevy, GMC, Caddy have like 8 wheel options that they offer AND charge $2,995 for the wheel choice. When I was looking for mine in 2019 I texted with a Ford rep and her response to why the Platinum only had 1 wheel option AND that 1 wheel option was also available on 'lower' trims she said their research showed that's what people wanted. Most people don't care as much as me, obviously, but having that tacked on to a msrp would have made them more money I'm sure.