"Service Advancetrac"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
A cursory Google search produced:

About 2,910,000 results
(0.49 seconds)

Marginally slower than the blink of an eye. (The average time it takes for a complete human blink is about 300 to 400 milliseconds or 3/10ths to 4/10ths of a second.)

Nothing helpful there? :)

-- Chuck

OP
OP
M

Matt_N

Reaction score
Well, yes, the internets turn up about a dozen things it *could* be. Ranging from ABS ring, speed sensor and steering angle sensor. Usually, its been my experience that there's one thing that is most common when things like this pop up. That's why I asked the forum.

I pulled some codes that indicated something amiss with the left front. I pulled the speed sensor and everything looked OK. It did have a bunch of grease on the end of it, I assume this is lube to keep it from getting stuck (I've had that happen on a Subaru before). I cleaned it, re-installed and the error went away. We'll see if it stays away.

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
A cursory Google search produced:

About 2,910,000 results
(0.49 seconds)

Marginally slower than the blink of an eye. (The average time it takes for a complete human blink is about 300 to 400 milliseconds or 3/10ths to 4/10ths of a second.)

Nothing helpful there? :)

-- Chuck

LoL r u related to bedrck?

OP
OP
M

Matt_N

Reaction score
No idea. If I ever need to brake hard enough to activate the ABS, I'm doing something wrong.

I think it may have just been a dirty sensor. I removed and cleaned it, and it seems to have reset and hasn't come back on. So far.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you unplug it too? The code specifically mentions "short to ground", it's possible the seal in the connector is cracked and some water got in and shorted the connection.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whenever I unplug a connector for any reason, I always spray it out with electronic cleaner spray, and before it goes back together it gets swabbed with dielectric grease. I imagine it saves me a lot of future headaches and keeps the contacts and spades clean and corrosion free. Cheap insurance. Glad you fixed it for free! That’s always a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro