Shudder/Vibration Low speed turn, power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelB

Reaction score
Hello,
I searched around before posting this. I found some info on the F150 sites and some Expedition but all older models/gen. This just started whether in forward or reverse it shudders when turning and applying power, low speed. Parking maneuvers mainly. 55k miles so close to powertrain warranty if that would even apply (not likely in my experience).
Just started and I hoped there was some intel here before I get bent over at the local (Denver) dealership for yet another $120 diagnostic fee. I am about out of fun tickets with the ol Expedition...

MichaelB

Reaction score
Figured I'd join so I can help someone out. I have a 2006 espy that did the same thing. Spent almost $1000 on the front end replacing parts. Still did it. So I seen someone mention changing the rear diff fluid and adding the additive. Figured what the hell even though I was positive it was in the front. Changed it out and....bam! No more vibration when making slow turns giving it gas. Even seems to have freed up the backend some as well. Please try. It's worth the investment

Steve Owens

Reaction score
There is a couple of transmission programing recall on the Expeditions, Ford Customer Satisfaction Program:19B05/ 19N01 All Limited slip (Ford Trac-Loc) need a limited slip additive to prevent the shutter.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have them, it’s the clutch packs in the rear diff. Had mine replaced and problem solved. Ford has new ones for the 15-17s that are upgraded carbon fiber. If you dont, check all vacuum lines, solenoid, and hoses running off the 4WD system that can be malfunctioning and causing your 4WD gears to slightly activate