Side mirrors clicking and stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EcoBoostJim

Reaction score
At entrance with my key when it is adjusting for my setting the mirrors get stuck and start clicking when trying to adjust. Both mirrors do it sporadically.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do we get a stickie for:

1) the clicking side view mirrors;

2) folks asking how to get the 1-10 gear display to show up; and

3) how to deselect a trailer so it doesn’t always default to the towing screen at startup?

I feel like someone new (no offense new guys/gals, we’re glad to have you and we understand there’s a lot of posts to wade through) starts a whole new thread about one of those three issues at least once a week.

Rezolution

Reaction score
EcoBoostJim,

Here is some helpful information about your mirrors. I've gone through this myself with my car, had it reprogrammed, and it has worked 100% for me. No more random clicking of either mirror.

1. The next time it happens, take a video of it on your phone. The dealer (some dealers anyway) will tell you they can't fix it if they can't reproduce it. Some dealers are more lenient than others but most will give you a hard time if they don't see it happening. With the video of it happening, you're covered.

2. When you call them up and schedule an appointment, they're going to need your vin number to see if this applies to your vehicle.

3. Tell them you want to schedule SSM 47835, which reprograms the module in the driver's door (DDM) and stops this issue on both the driver and passenger side. When they look up the "SSM codes list", the codes are not in numerical or alphabetical order on their screen so you may have to ask them to "look for it" a few times until they finally find it on their list of items.

Good luck, I hope you get it fixed like I was able to...