Slotted Brake rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordGate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the slotted and drilled rotor kit from rockauto for the front brakes on the 03 EB. The front end has a massive shake when the brakes are applied. I already greased up the caliper studs and replaced the passenger caliper with no change. Pads are great (ceramic) but I am still replacing them with the new rotors. So I am hoping this will fix it. This will be the 2nd set of new rotors the car has had. My question though is the kit has smaller rotors then stock. I assume this will be ok since they list this as the right kit for the car. But I want to make sure there will not be any issues with the kit.

12.95" (kit) vs 13.46" (stock)

It is the K1933 kit

RockAuto Parts Catalog

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would check with them. It doesn't sound right to me. I would expect them to be the same size. You are losing 1/2" of braking surface with the smaller rotors.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something is off...shouldn't be shaking

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
F

FordGate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The specs are wrong either for the ones I got or for the ones I was comparing sizes to. The ones I got were the exact size of the ones I replaced. So 30 minutes per wheel and my brakes are perfect again.