Power Stop drilled and slotted full kit with calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam J

Reaction score
2,500 mile review of the powerstop kit i grabbed on rock auto for my 2016 expedition ssv.
when purchasing the vehicle with 80k miles, good stopping but slight shimmy that increased as brakes were warmer
rather than fiddle with some parts here and there, looked into a full kit with brand new calipers
found this kit for a great price on rock auto
POWER STOP​
KC557736 (KC5577-36)Caliper, Rotor & Brake Pad Kit
$ 829.79​
They were running a special for $85 off and i was able to get the SS line kit on amazon for less than $100.
and $140 core back from Rock Auto for the calipers.
all in, a nice weekend project and i have brand new components at all 4 corners with fresh fluid and full stopping confidence.
race red painted calipers too - lol
i don't haul or tow, but figured they'd be the most durable variant - never grabby and always smooth.
no problems cold or hot.20231012_133927.jpg

callwill

Reaction score
Does any one worry that slotted and drilled rotors in the northeast will just collect salted crud in the slots and holes during the winter and accelerate the destruction process?

hmt4life

Reaction score
I’ve had the power stop z36 full kit, calipers, rotors and pads and love them. They have been on my 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer EL for almost 3 years and they are great for towing and normal driving. I live in Northern Michigan where road commission uses lots of salt and have had no issues. Only thing is I believe brake material gets in the slots. Other then that a great set

914rrr

Reaction score
Any shimmy yet? on my 2011 Navigator I replaced the rotors with OEM's. Started shimmying in less 5k miles, especially after towing a UHaul car transporter with a light car on it.

Moeman

Reaction score
Does any one worry that slotted and drilled rotors in the northeast will just collect salted crud in the slots and holes during the winter and accelerate the destruction process?
I've always read that slotted/drilled takes away friction surface, creates a point to cracks to emanate from, and is not necessary unless you're really heating up the brakes. I like the idea of sticking with solid.

JKH13

Reaction score
2,500 mile review of the powerstop kit i grabbed on rock auto for my 2016 expedition ssv.
when purchasing the vehicle with 80k miles, good stopping but slight shimmy that increased as brakes were warmer
rather than fiddle with some parts here and there, looked into a full kit with brand new calipers
POWER STOP​
$ 829.79​
They were running a special for $85 off and i was able to get the SS line kit on amazon for less than $100.
all in, a nice weekend project and i have brand new components at all 4 corners with fresh fluid and full stopping confidence.
i don't haul or tow, but figured they'd be the most durable variant - never grabby and always smooth.
no problems cold or hot.View attachment 80002

MpiersD

Reaction score
I put these on my wife's 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited just after purchasing it second hand with 29k miles on it.
Immediate improvement in braking, have since paired the rotors with EBC pads and am extremely happy with the braking on her brick of an SUV.
I have these on the short list of things to do on my '08 Expedition once I get done with the "repair and maintenance" list.

Reaction score
POWER STOP​
$ 829.79​
no problems cold or hot.View attachment 80002
Adam, thanks for posting. I have been thinking about installing this exact Power Stop kit on our 2016 Expedition.

I have never replaced pads, rotors, calipers myself. I’m currently accumulating all the tools needed. I’m confident I can do it. But the part that concerns me is bleeding the brakes after everything is installed. Considering the importance of that step, how difficult is it? Or more importantly, how easy is it to screw it up?

Is it necessary or recommended to replace the brake lines with stainless steel lines? We’ve got about 105k miles on the Expedition. Will replacing the lines make bleeding the brakes more difficult?

Lastly, any other pointers or advice for a brake job newbie?

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire