So! What’s a 2000 Eddie Bauer 4x4 worth in this market? :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
240,***. Almost all highway. Maintenance w open checkbook. Rocker panel rust spots.

Original paint finish is great. No tears interior.

Interesting market for used nowadays.

macbox

Reaction score
I usually check Edmunds TMV. You input the information about the vehicle and at the end you have to scroll down the page to see the result. My 99 is worth a little more than it was last Summer when I got it.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Id say price it at whatever you want, within reason of course. Take the offer you feel comfortable with. No matter what you ask or how reasonable it may seem someone will always negotiate. I'd throw it out there for loke 3800-4k and see what happens if you don't need a quick sale. Keeping a hair under 4k might help it show in in search filters if someone is looking in the 3k range.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh hell no. I’m thinking eBay at $6500 reserve.
Well, that may be, but here in the great state of Georgia, not so much. Of the four, rust free, first generations that I own, I paid no more than 3 grand, of which two are EB 4WD. All running with no major issues. Here is an example.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
KBB updated their pricing to coincide with the crazy used car market a few months ago. Use that as a starting point, but you can probably more with recent events.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
KBB updated their pricing to coincide with the crazy used car market a few months ago. Use that as a starting point, but you can probably more with recent events.
Recent events as the price of petro?
I would suspect, with inflation being so high, and even with the decreased availability of new vehicles driving up prices on used vehicles, that most would prefer a late model of 10 years or less. I wouldn't think this would cause much of a price hike on a 20 plus year old vehicle with over 200,000 miles. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your perspective, being the fuel guzzlers that they are, they are probably not going to gain more value as the price of gasoline keeps increasing. Expeditionally.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of course, it's like the wise old feller told me years ago when I asked "How much is it worth?" He said, "Whatever someone is willing to pay." And may I add what is it worth to you?, Whatever you are willing to take.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recent events as the price of petro?
I would suspect, with inflation being so high, and even with the decreased availability of new vehicles driving up prices on used vehicles, that most would prefer a late model of 10 years or less. I wouldn't think this would cause much of a price hike on a 20 plus year old vehicle with over 200,000 miles. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your perspective, being the fuel guzzlers that they are, they are probably not going to gain more value as the price of gasoline keeps increasing. Expeditionally.

No, recent events like the cost/availability of steel, nickel, neon, wiring harnesses, chips, etc. The flippers aren't even bothering to rebuild salvage vehicles anymore. They're asking for and getting nearly new prices for totaled vehicles that are several years old. Anything that runs is fetching $3k+, including ancient, barely-running cars that were $500 cars 2 years ago. Used cars are fetching 40-80% more than they were a year ago. While large gas guzzlers like the Expedition haven't increased in value at the same rate as smaller vehicles (sitting closer to that 40% mark), they're still fetching far, far more than they should.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, recent events like the cost/availability of steel, nickel, neon, wiring harnesses, chips, etc. The flippers aren't even bothering to rebuild salvage vehicles anymore. They're asking for and getting nearly new prices for totaled vehicles that are several years old. Anything that runs is fetching $3k+, including ancient, barely-running cars that were $500 cars 2 years ago. Used cars are fetching 40-80% more than they were a year ago. While large gas guzzlers like the Expedition haven't increased in value at the same rate as smaller vehicles (sitting closer to that 40% mark), they're still fetching far, far more than they should.
I see your point. Maybe it's a good time to sell. Just not seeing it as much here locally on early generations with high mileage.
These prices are before negotiating on current postings.
2003 - $2300
2004 - $2600
2000 - $2800
2005 - $2800