SoCal Offroad Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so there might be a chance that i will go to Glamis the either weekend b4 thanksgiving or during the week before thanksgiving. not sure when my parents are leaving or coming back yet. so if you guys want to come then come along. only thing we all need is a flag. other then that were not staying the night so no permits needed. or so i think. unless you want to make a 2 day trip out of it then i can take my trailer and load it with wood and crap we will need then only 1 of us needs a permit i think. like the main vehicle i think it says. ill find out some how. so ill see what you guys want to do and ill see when my parents go to vegas.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i wont really be able to do any offroading until after the new year. i have family coming and they will need to drive my truck while they are here for xmas so i cant afford to break anything. not really much of a sand guy...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
aww lame. you wont really break anything but i see your point. theres that what if factor. your tires are built for sand though. haha but maybe after new years we can go to truck haven or something. see how well these tanks can climb some hills.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@navy there are some other trails down there probably wont be bad on trucks. mainly dirt roads. but look like they can be fun. gigabyte talked about one in another post. looked it up and looks like it could be fun.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im down for going. willing to try anything twice! hahah. but like i said, cant take the chance of breaking something before the new year.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the trail your talking about is down in otay mesa. literally about 3 steps from the boarder. idk how to get there though. always wanted to go there when im with my friend but im always down there at night so not taking the chance. i know mikegigabite knows how to get there but hes on only once in awhile.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to go but not sure I'll have time in November.. I've been pretty busy trying to go to school and work at the same time. Yesterday I pulled out a thorn from my leg that I got from Anderson.. weird it was in there the whole time. I think the 2 Anderson trips shortened my tires life by about 10,000 miles... the tread is starting to look low on them and would probably be like slicks in the sand.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to go but not sure I'll have time in November.. I've been pretty busy trying to go to school and work at the same time. Yesterday I pulled out a thorn from my leg that I got from Anderson.. weird it was in there the whole time. I think the 2 Anderson trips shortened my tires life by about 10,000 miles... the tread is starting to look low on them and would probably be like slicks in the sand.

it was just an idea. im not even sure if i can go. most likely after new years would be best for me too. but who knows. and it did probably lower the life. sry. but you dont want to much traction in the sand. too much mean you dig instead of float. so you would be fine out there with tires like that.

johnbrnrd

Reaction score
sweet trucks. i wish i can convince some of my friends to beef up their own expeditions and add some aftermarket ford expedition parts and go on a trail run. :D

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well when i move back to iowa, maybe we can all get together and do an expedition! hahah

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65