Some Rear Wiper Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I just replaced the factory rear wiper on my 17 yesterday. What a waste of money. Double the price of regular wipers and had to order it off Amazon because it wasn't available at Wallyworld and another place I stopped at. Thanks Ford... Next time I'm ready to change it I'll have to remember option three. Thanks for the heads up.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I just replaced the factory rear wiper on my 17 yesterday. What a waste of money. Double the price of regular wipers and had to order it off Amazon because it wasn't available at Wallyworld and another place I stopped at. Thanks Ford... Next time I'm ready to change it I'll have to remember option three. Thanks for the heads up.

If you use the rear wiper, you will not regret it. It is SO much better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11lariat

Reaction score
I swapped mine out tonight on my 2014 - easy 10 minute job. As others have mentioned, you’ll need a 14mm socket or wrench. I also used a 6” pry bar to help remove the old arm.

The original setup was the snap-on style (first option in the OP), and I replaced with the Dorman arm and Bosch 17A combo. I use the rear wiper often, and the blade that was on it was in need of replacement. Glad I found this thread before I bought another OE style blade!

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am on gravel constantly around here. Especially with it being so dry a rear wiper is a must for me. I tear them up rather quickly.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I broke my rear wiper and looked into option 3 on the original post #1. At Amazon, they tell me that Dorman # 42651 does not fit my 2014 EL LTD. Huh. Does this style just clip on? Mine has the 14mm nut under the plastic cap, and I do like the type that I can lift further from the glass when I'm cleaning. I broke my OEM by hitting it with the snow brush. Looks like it got brittle.
Guess I could hit the junkyard when the temps get back above zero around here.

Thanks guys...

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The #3 option listed earlier in this thread will work. Amazon says it wont work because it's not the original style etc...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I broke my rear wiper and looked into option 3 on the original post #1. At Amazon, they tell me that Dorman # 42651 does not fit my 2014 EL LTD. Huh. Does this style just clip on? Mine has the 14mm nut under the plastic cap, and I do like the type that I can lift further from the glass when I'm cleaning. I broke my OEM by hitting it with the snow brush. Looks like it got brittle.
Guess I could hit the junkyard when the temps get back above zero around here.

Thanks guys...

What he said. I also recently put on an Icon 18A, and it fits, and covers even more of the glass. That is the max though, a 19 would hit the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro