Soon to be Expedition Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BritAbroad

Reaction score
We have outgrown our Explorer but still love it - we rented an Expedition EL for a drive from NJ to OBX last year and there really is only one replacement for our Explorer - a bigger one!
I posted a question in a different forum re the purchase we are hoping to make this weekend ... maybe I should have asked it here instead?
The '07 Expy we are looking at is immaculate inside and in great shape except for showing signs of the "infamous" paint bubbling on the rear tailgate. Does anyone know how much it would be to get a new one incl. paint as from the on-line research I have done re-paints don't seem to last, the issue just comes back - we intend to keep this truck for a good long time so want a permanent solution to it not just touch-up.
Vehicle is a 2007 EL Limited, 65k miles $23k asking price (poss part-ex with 04 Explorer)

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that issue and I just left mine. It's not that bad and i'm cheap. You have to post pics or it never happened.

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. I too had a Explorer and moved up to a Expedition. Lots of room