sound matting the hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im not sure if ne one has done this yet on their expy yet but i will tell u i just did the hatch on my 99 eb and it was a nightmare.....if ne ones thinking of doing it be prepared to spend around 2 hours have a good knife to cut it, be double jointed.... and have lots of patience....lol
hopefully it wiil pay off in the long run..... gonna do the doors next.....

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YUP I HAD TO DEAL WITH THE BACK HATCH ON MY 05, I BUSTED IT OUT WITH MY SUB BOX (NOT THE SUBS) AND I HAD TO PULL IT APART AND PULL OUT ALL THE SAFETY GLASS OUT OF THE PADDING STUFF IT WAS A DISASTER AT THAT POINT I DECIDED NOT TO EVER DYNAMAT IT
th_December2008184.jpg
[URL=http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/WHOISMOOTOO/?action=view&current=December2008183.jpg]th_December2008183.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how much can i expect to spend to get the entire truck matted...i'm talking hood, roof, all doors, and hatch? i know the mat isnt cheap

RidnClean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i used to get deals on rolls that could do my entire expo with 2-4 layers all around.
cheap too.

materials you really need:
heatgun
roller
time

MassiSandage

Reaction score
Here's what I'm toying with. 4 channel amp under the passenger seat to run all of the speakers. 6.5" components up front. keep 6x9's out back, thinking about buying a good set of component 6x9's and just using the woofers from them... then run the rear channel of the amp through a low pass crossover so all I have is bass in the 6x9's. any suggestions???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65