Speaker problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.aceking

Reaction score
1st gen 1997 expedition. When I have the front two speakers the back work but when I connect them they all dont work and I don't even get static. I tested to see if it was the HU by connecting a speaker straight to the wire from the harness and it worked. But when I use the wire to the door speaker it just shuts them all off

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bnicov

Reaction score
The wiring is pooched somewwhere along the way. Either rewire it or trace every one and see where you need to repair the fray.

Mike White

Reaction score
1st gen 1997 expedition. When I have the front two speakers the back work but when I connect them they all dont work and I don't even get static. I tested to see if it was the HU by connecting a speaker straight to the wire from the harness and it worked. But when I use the wire to the door speaker it just shuts them all off

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Did you ever get this sorted out? I would like to know what you did so I can start there first. I was thinking what bnicov had stated needs to be done.
:biggun:

OP
OP
M

Mr.aceking

Reaction score
wiring was done for somewhere. ran some 10 gauge to my head unit and they work fine. not as loud as the back two but i'm gonna get a 4 channel eventually so it'll all sort out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can open up one of doors, access the speaker wire, pull the plug at the head unit. Use your ohm meter, check continuity at both ends of wire. Open and close door, see if any thing changes. After many years, and numerous open and closing doors, the wires break down. The better aftermarket wires last a little longer, but do eventually fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk