Speedometer calibration after lift/tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The angle of the strut assemble itself has not changed the overall linear dimension has increased but the angle the strut assembly is installed at has stayed the same.

The angle of the dangle is proportional to the heat of the meat. Furthermore, the heat of the meat is inversely proportional to the angle of the dangle and directly proportional to the mass of the ass.

mrpositraction

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure this out? I have a 2019 with the same issue. Anything over 33.00 and it throws a wrench. Resent PCM KAM and TCM KAM with no change. Only way to get the wrench to go away is to set anything less than 33.01"

FYI, I am running a 35" tire

cmurphy2

Reaction score
Bully Dog BDX tuner will allow you to set tire size over 33 in menu I saw in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Ehrhardt

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread. Seems like a tuner is the only option? Has anyone with larger tires done anything to address gearing, speedometer, or anything else?

I have 285/75R18, 34.8” tires and have the speedometer showing 60 mph when my GPS shows 65. And yes they fit with an ikon lift and so does the spare.

John Ehrhardt

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates, this gives me hope, but I'm still a little confused. It sounds like you added a custom tune and then used forscan to relearn/reset the TCM in order to get rid of the wrench for 35's (I think your tires are 33s though). Is the right? I'm not seeing anyone else w/ success on tires greater than 33's. I have 35's (285/75R18) and have a Hypertech Programmer/Tuner (Part #3050) on order. Should I expect to need to get a forscan as well after updating tire size via the tuner? Or should the tune just work? I assume I'm going to have to deal with an incorrect speedometer and gearing...

I did get the wrench. But using forscan to have the TCM (transmission control module) relearn the vehicle cleared that for me.

However, there is a threshold of how large (in MM) you can input for tire size where the wrench will stay on. A custom tune (ECM/TCM) would fix that.

Also play with the mm tire size there, I found that I only needed to add the size in MM that my new tires added (+12MM for mine) while "under the vehicle's load". My speedometer was spot on with Waze after.

-----

To date no wrench/DTCs have been thrown.

Tires size LT285/65R18 wheels -12mm offset 18”x9”