Spiders. Hundreds of them.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, long story short,
my expy came from a house garage out in the Southern CA desert. It had been sitting for quite some time. At first I thought I had only one black widow, and one egg sac to contend with, I was able to find the mother and eliminate her, though her babies all made it out alive.
But that's not it. Turns out the entire underside of the vehicle was (and still is) hosting multiple black widow colonies,
their presense and webbing are everywhere. When you pop a tail light, and look within the paneling of the truck, you can see the extent of their lair.

Not only that, but I suspect they are crossbreeding with brown recluse. Male widows are rarely seen, though the creature I saw was no widow, I am sure of that actually. Easy to identify on google. I highly suspect this male recluse was also not there to wage war with the widows, but to breed with them.
Coincidentally, a product of this sin managed to find itself all the way up into my bedroom and had been living with me for quite a while. Intriguing creature, really. Only comes out when it knows I am sleeping, and situated its "nest" at a strategic location. Completely hidden from me. It very well knew my habits.
I managed to capture this creature, which I'm willing to bet is something not many people can do,
not on an original breed, (not a clone) and not in perfect health.
Anyway, I dropped it off somewhere appropriate for it.
Though the problem of my truck being a giant spider host still remains.

How do I get rid of them?
Note: they only infest the outside of the truck. Not a single trace of them within the cabin.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pay an exterminator. Be sure they come back if the spiders do. You don't want to be bit by them, especially if your allergic to bees or any kinds of poison from them. It will ruin your day. Get an epinephrine pen just in case.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, WalMart, sometimes Costco - all have those $100 tarp or canvas temporary garages. One of those and a couple aerosol foggers. Leave the Expedition doors and hood open.

Or a couple dozen frogs or snakes, but probably not both.

62860_zzz_500.jpg

t-home-perimeter-insect-control-hg-20177-3-64_1000.jpg

Plati

Reaction score
Go to the Autobahn and drive 275MPH with the windows open.
Then drive to Manitoba when its -40 … stay there a month without driving
Then park the truck in the woods anywhere in California where it will burn like a witch

just some ideas