Stacking Xplan discounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have access to xplan for a navigator but the dealer told me they won’t stack. It’s xplan + any ‘official’ rebates. Have any of
You been able to negotiate a discount and then stack xplan on top? Thanks

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had access to an x plan and the dealer beat the x plan by $5k, so I went with that option.

Wow, by $5k! The dealer discount and the xplan are about the same for me ($5k) on a new navigator black label. Don’t know why they won’t budge. I was hoping the new GMC roll outs would push them to discount more but not yet...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not Lincoln but my Ford dealer beats X-plan pricing out handily. You can usually negotiate $8-9,000 off sticker on these full sizes which is better than any plans they offer imo. Lincoln is tougher sometimes in negotiating. Honestly you might want to try the walk out the door trick unless the Navi’s sell fast by you.

I went with my dad to get his F-250, list MSRP was $59,000, after negotiating we got it haggled down to $51,000

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have access to xplan for a navigator but the dealer told me they won’t stack. It’s xplan + any ‘official’ rebates. Have any of
You been able to negotiate a discount and then stack xplan on top? Thanks
When you purchase using X-Plan, the whole transaction is audited by Ford/Lincoln. You are eligible for X-Plan pricing less any manufacturer's sale rebates and PCOs. Dealers can not sell under X-Plan at any discounted price; however, there is no restriction on the amount that they may offer on a trade-in vehicle. Some dealers are creative, others not so much.

phorn73

Reaction score
When you purchase using X-Plan, the whole transaction is audited by Ford/Lincoln. You are eligible for X-Plan pricing less any manufacturer's sale rebates and PCOs. Dealers can not sell under X-Plan at any discounted price; however, there is no restriction on the amount that they may offer on a trade-in vehicle. Some dealers are creative, others not so much.
That’s been my experience as well on the last three X plan purchases I’ve made.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

So xplan is about $5k off a navigator...are you saying nobody can buy a navigator and get more than $5k off?

Or are you saying you can’t get xplan AND add a dealer discount on top of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealers can sell lot trucks to regular customers for less than X-plan $$ and they do it every day. Many Commercial customers get invoice pricing which is better than X-Plan anyway. As far as the post that lowest Ford can go is 5k off sticker (x-plan) idk what to tell you.....but it’s not the case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealers can sell lot trucks to regular customers for less than X-plan $$ and they do it every day. Many Commercial customers get invoice pricing which is better than X-Plan anyway. As far as the post that lowest Ford can go is 5k off sticker (x-plan) idk what to tell you.....but it’s not the case.

Yeah buying under invoice is very common. Hold back and other factory to dealer incentives make it very possible.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So xplan is about $5k off a navigator...are you saying nobody can buy a navigator and get more than $5k off?

Or are you saying you can’t get xplan AND add a dealer discount on top of it?

What i was saying is that, if a dealer makes an X-Plan sale and registers the PIN etc. it will be scrutinized by Ford (or Lincoln if it was a Lincoln purchase). Therefore, the "selling price" must match the X-Plan pricing for that vehicle in order for the dealer to qualify for all of the perks associated with an X-Plan sale. Then, if a buyer were able to negotiate a lower price and used their X-Plan pin for the savings on the doc. fees, it would have to be by an inflated trade-in value...Readers Digest version, you cannot buy with an X-Plan PIN at a "selling price" lower than X-Plan.

Example of buying BELOW X-Plan: My current vehicle, 2019 Expedition Limited w/ Special Edition was ordered from the dealer who sold it to me at "invoice" cost less any incentives available at delivery ($750), less half of their holdback. Despite being charged a higher amount of doc. fees, it still came out to be less than X-Plan pricing. I ordered five days after the order banks opened and a month and a half before production on the 2019s even began, so wanting a newer model probably cost a little more than a closeout on a 2018 might have. However, slight changes to the Special Edition package resulted in a better equipped vehicle than a comparable 2018 Special Edition Limited. I'm sure that I could have waited a few months until the factory incentives increased, but I needed the vehicle then, not later.