Started on the stereo system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MPTonyT

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welp it came together last night and let me tell you.... For a 10" woofer that is only getting about 320 watts I'm really impressed. We did find one air leak that was fixed and now the truck is back together and sounds amazing.

Here are the rest of the pics.

IMG_0309.jpg

Checking Airspace...... A Perfect .73 ft^3 of airspace...

IMG_0311.jpg

Finished, Sealed up, and Held in with mounting brackets.

P1040669.jpg

Fits like a glove...

P1040667.jpg

How a trash can should look after a good install takes place.

P1040671.jpg

Thanks for following guys.

OP
OP
MPTonyT

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was what size and brand sub you are putting in there because this is exactly what I want to do to my 05 and I am using a 12dcv mb quart do you think I can make it fit plus my amp crossovers and cap and still look stock back there?

It is a 10" Dual Voice Coil Phoenix Gold R1 series. It requires between .4 and .8 ft^3 for air space and 200 to 400 watts worth of power.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great, I am probably going to use the pre-made enclosure for my 97 since I have no experience with fiberglassing.

OP
OP
MPTonyT

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great, I am probably going to use the pre-made enclosure for my 97 since I have no experience with fiberglassing.

Yeah It's a handy thing to know how to work with. The pre-made enclosures sound good if paired with the right sub and power combo.

I see your in Ft. Lostinthewoods... I went to M.P. school there both Bravo and Echo.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah It's a handy thing to know how to work with. The pre-made enclosures sound good if paired with the right sub and power combo.

I see your in Ft. Lostinthewoods... I went to M.P. school there both Bravo and Echo.

I was gonna ask you about the infidel avatar and your screen name, I actually teach M9, MK-19 and M2 at the MP school.

I have a PPI PC2600.2 and am undecided on my sub, but am thinking about using an Alpine type R, but would need a spacer since that sub is to deep for that enclosure. Maybe you can give me a suggestion on a 600 watt RMS 10 inch sub that works well with .65 cubic ft and a max depth of of 5.6 inches.

I have used PG in the past (old school titanium series 600.2) and it was a very good amp that one of my buddies offered me more than I paid so I couldn't turn him down.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man it looks awesome. now im really wanting one. anything you would do different?

phocker

Reaction score
Do you think it is possible to pull one cube out of that space? And how bad does that resonate out the side of the truck?

OP
OP
MPTonyT

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could probably get a cube but you would have to notch for the cup holders. we had to even for .73 but you could continue the box towards the front. It doesn't resonate bad at all. the panel was deadened and so was the wall behind the enclosure. I don't think i would have done anything different. This install was well planned out. My wife loves it.