Starter reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftp19601960

Reaction score
I had to replace a starter on '17 truck with just 55K (mostly highway miles). It was in the middle of nowhere so I had to use some local shop (and pay MSRP). The OEM unit they got first time did not work so they made a second order. They said it was not refurbished but brand new. I understand now starters are commodity and many brands share the same supplier. Is this my bad luck or really a Ford/Expedition issue (like wrong application for a particular starter model)?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford remans are fine. Replaced my 5.4 starter over the summer with a Ford reman from dealer and have no issues.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Mexico built one lasted for many years. Plus it was sealed at every joint to keep oil out. I actually had an unfixable leak right above it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ford remans are done in the US by OE solutions. A lot better standards than the store brands from China.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford remans are done in the US by OE solutions. A lot better standards than the store brands from China.
China is hit and miss, they even put popular American brand names on parts. They put parts in with a million other items in Conex containers so they can sell stuff here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire