Steering Vibration 2022 Ford Expedition Max SPP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
Hello guys, im new to this site. I have a 2022 ford expedition xlt max. It comes with hankook tires. I personally think this vehicle is junk. The vibration issue at high speed are very common in these vehicles. I believe it is a design engineering problem directly from the manufacturer. Dont try to fix it youll end up wasting your time and money. Get rid of it asap or trade it in somehow. I spent lot of money and time on trying to fix this piece of s_hi_t. To no avail.
There is nothing inherently wrong causing vibrations on these vehicles. I can tow at speed & I’ve been over 120mph & it’s very stable & vibration free. That being said, the factory rotors are not the best, and can definitely induce vehicle vibrations, once/if they get warped.

I would suggest u try some new H or Y rated Michelins and some new power stop Z36 rotors & pads, as u might have some worn or goofy tires & I know personally that warped stock rotors will cause vibrations, but it’s not anything that can’t be definitively diagnosed & corrected.

I have 100K on mine & if it had an uncorrectable vibration issue, I would have got rid of it a long time ago.

Additionally, loose wheel bearings, 4-wheel drive system components, and anything that rotates, and all the suspension links & bushings need to be checked. Something is lose in the suspension, alignment, or bad rotors are causing this. I guess I’m blessed cause I have a top-notch A+ mechanic working on mine. Sorry, hope u get your finger on the problem soon.

Last edited:

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Contact Ford Motor Company and tell them your problem. A liaison will be assigned to you and resolve your issue, maybe even refund you money.
I'm not optimistic, and, get this: I work for Ford.

Solid even above 75-80’s?
My issue returned all the same with the tire rotation. One dealer said everything was fine (same one who did the tire re install). Another one (for second opinion) told me high speed balance was off. I have Michelins on now and they are normally amazing tires.
Yup. I've had it up to 85, and it's just perfect now. Michelins have always been my replacement tire choice, just not at 10,000 miles.

Before the replacement, the SUV had general grabber tires?
Yup. The same crappy tires everyone else has that's giving them problems, too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360