Steering Wheel Position Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRANDAL

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited and both my ABS light and Traction Control (sliding car icon) are on and wont turn off. I've read that this error may be do to the Steering Wheel Position Sensor malfunctioning. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how difficult was it to replace the sensor? I found the sensor at Autozone for $60. Good price?

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
our dealer warrantied it on my company car and it had 5X,*** miles. Might want to see what the dealer says.

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
before you spend money on any parts get the code read. it could be a abs sensor or a lot of different things.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
before you spend money on any parts get the code read. it could be a abs sensor or a lot of different things.

Agreed, stop at any Autozone or O'Reilly and they will pull the codes for free. They will tell you what the code represents, but write it down and post it here. Helps with troubleshooting a lot, and hopefully will save you from just throwing parts at it.