steering wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so a couple days ago, truck steering wheel started wobbling. this is what i got:
-wobbling comes and goes during driving
-does not appear to be noticeable at highway (55+) speeds
-when wobble occurs, wants to pull to the right, badly
-severity of wobble diminishes with acceleration but is horrible while coasting

pitman arm and idler arm feel firm. tires balanced and rotated this morning. half shaft has needed replacing for some time now (has hole in boot) but no clicking from cv joints. no loud "droning" noise from wheel bearing. my thought is tie rod ends. any suggestions?

forgot: its 01 4x4.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nothin eh?!
well i took it to the shop and they suggested idler arm. so i replaced it this morning and left my steering stabilizer off. took it for a short test drive and so far no wobble, but we will see in a day or so, or the next drive over 5 miles! then i will put the stabilizer back on and go from there. i hope this solved the problem.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well since this thread doesnt seem to attract a whole lot of help/attention, i will just update myself! replaced idler arm yesterday, still not the problem. running out of ideas. boy, i sure hope somebody reads this and has some input!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude your still here??? you never made it to the other site? a lot is in the making...stay tunned or check out the traffic over there to get the scoop on whats coming...lets just say im back for a reason

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you rotated your tires front to back to see if it gets worse or better?

sounds like a tire problem or maybe a bent wheel