stock amp wattage on 97 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xpathfinder

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the wattage output that the stock amp going to the sub on my 97 Eddie B? and is there one for the front and rear door speakers? if so where is it located at? Just wondering if it will be enough to power my two Kicker 8" comps. if not I guess I can wire in my old R\F punch 160. and gets some beats in my expo.

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if it is the MACH system the both amps are 230 watts i dont know about the premium sound package... im running a polk audio 8" sub in the stock location sounds good and clean hope this helps

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the polk sub handles the deep bass better without distortion i had with the stock sub. the polk puts out more bass easier to hear the sub with lower bass music

OP
OP
X

Xpathfinder

Reaction score
I think that this weekend since the little lady is out of town, I'm going to see if the Kickers with kick the stock amp butt what.. :D but its going to be cold outside. oh why not..
Noticed that it looks like there another channel on this amp but not being used... Hmm wondering if you can bridge it like all other amp and increase the output... :D

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that this weekend since the little lady is out of town, I'm going to see if the Kickers with kick the stock amp butt what.. :D but its going to be cold outside. oh why not..
Noticed that it looks like there another channel on this amp but not being used... Hmm wondering if you can bridge it like all other amp and increase the output... :D

let us know what you find on that amp output... also this same stereo system when put in a mustang has two factory subs so you might be onto something

OP
OP
X

Xpathfinder

Reaction score
Well I braved the cold long enough to deinstall the sub and amp box of the old Pathy and connect one 8 to the stock amp.. it sounded ok. Just not loud enough for me. my little xtreme has 4 12s right behind the seat and it rattles your teeth and eyeballs.
I will barring any problems Tomorrow, I will wire up the second channel of the amp and see what I get with that.. then I will venture to try and bridge the two channels..

I need more power:eek:!!! lol

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wondering where u located the stock amps..... And did u replace ur head unit? Just bought anouther 99 expy but this on is a eddie bauer with the mach audio system....