Stock Speed Limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Lewis

Reaction score
Just a thought, are you sure those wheels use acorn type lugs? On some wheels, the lugs need to be straight with a washer to fit correctly. I've had to use the lugs with washers when using a wheel with a hub ring.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
113 mph I believe

A neighbor and fellow volunteer fireman and I were discussing the 3.5L/10 speed the other night on return from a call. He was saying that these can be chipped for increased HP. I have no plans to do so, but curious if others have and what they've seen in increased performance.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A neighbor and fellow volunteer fireman and I were discussing the 3.5L/10 speed the other night on return from a call. He was saying that these can be chipped for increased HP. I have no plans to do so, but curious if others have and what they've seen in increased performance.

Absolutely. They will gain over 100 HP if you burn some ethanol fuel.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
E50 over 100hp gain. 93 performance 80-90

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, that is pretty impressive. But then considering the same base engine used in the GT powers our SUVs, not so surprising. I don't want to know what the "not environmentally friendly" window sticker surcharge is on one of these. :)

https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgwell521