Strange attitude after new battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I put a new battery in after it wouldnt start, and it started and all is fine, or so I thought. Put it in drive and not 10 feet later the airbag light came on, and so did every 4x4 light and low washer fluid. the blinked like crazy when it was in drive. waited a minute, then it stopped. its not the first time all of those lights have flashed like crazy. what could it be?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
When my battery has died before my gauges all seem to recycle. Gauges would swing to the extremes before reseting. Did not notice the other lights. My guess is some cpu is reseting.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, clean and tight sir! and I guess that must be the ecu, either way, still scary

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but I know when I have replaced batteries on my EXPY's and F150 I have had to start the truck and let it idle for about ten minutes for the CPU to relearn/reset to where it was before!

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well I drove it today and it seemed like it shifted into 4wd? it also sometimes dropped from 1700 rpm's back to 500 and back up to 1700, really wierd behavior. so it must be somthing with the computer. but its annoying

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try pulling your negative cable off for a few minutes then hook back up then start it back up and let it idle for about 10 minutes...worth a shot to see if the computer goes back to normal.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ill do that, it was also shifting into 4wd................

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah. seems like its grounding weird. make sure its grounded to the firewall good, and also under the passenger door look up under the body theres a grounding strap there for the frame-body ground. and the engine block ground idk where that is. haha