Strange chirping noise???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed recently when starting up my Expedition a chirping or squicky noice....once it warms up the chirping sound does go away. My first the was belts but they looked fine/ tension good.... What else could it be? I've never heard a noise like that before....

Last edited:
OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not really doing it anymore but I noticed it really only did it when it was colder out? Strange? I usually can pin point what a noise is but I couldn't figure it out. I'll let yall know if I ever come to figuring it out!

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be the belt. Sometimes it will slip, causing a chirping noise. Check to see if the ribs look good.

Yes I did for sure... That was my first thought but look new? noticed noise while raining out a few minutes ago. So it's got to be the belt then, right? Bearing??? When I take it to shop I will have them check tension also to be certain. Thanks!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if it were a bearing, I would think it would be chirping all the time. I would definitely say the belt is going out if it does it after a rain and in the cold, and they aren't too hard to replace if you have some time and a little patience. Pretty cheap too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65