Strange noises!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clok1966

Reaction score
noise gone then?.. I had a mini van that made wierd noises sometime under hard acceleration, or stopping, and on turns.. it was the fan on the radiator.. it was lose so when you stopped or turned hard the blades would hit.. took me 10 minutes to get it off 2 seconds to tighten it and 10 minutes to put back on.. fixed forever... or untill i sold it a year later.

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a noise like this coming from my driver's side rear. Would happen intermittently. Turns out that one of my parking brake pads had come loose on that side and would ride slightly up under the other causing the noise.

OP
OP
jrjr

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea noise is gone. I had one bad bearing and changing it the first time cured the noise. Never hears one make a noise like that before. Then the first bearing went and replaced that.

OP
OP
jrjr

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought I was done with this but....
Somewhere on this site I found a torque spec of 150 ft/lbs for the front wheel bearings. Now I have been informed it should be 250 ft/lbs. Which is correct? I haven't driven it very far yet. My torque wrench only goes to 150....