Strange sound when hitting the gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See if your fan or torque converter is hitting anything and get under there and wiggle all of your heat shields....very strange.

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I have tried to search the forum but haven’t had much luck so I figured I’d ask. I have a 2010 EB, Recently I have started hearing a noise, it happens when I hit the accelerator in the 900 to 1000rpm range. It sounds like a combination of a rattle and a scraping sound like the sound you hear when you drag a piece of metal across concrete. If I put the truck in park or neutral and rev the motor I won’t hear it, but if I put it in drive and hold the brake while revving I can get it to make the sound but not as pronounced as when I’m driving. The truck rides fine and I have no dash light warnings.

I was able to get some decent audio of it but I used the voice recorder app on my phone and can’t upload that file as an attachment so I’ll have to try again tomorrow.
Is this even remotely enough of a clue for anyone to give me an idea what I could be hearing?
Thanks

RE: Your audio. Can you copy your audio to Messenger.... then use your PC to grab it? Don't know about audio, but JPG's go really fast if you've got both within reach. :D

OP
OP
M

Mmart

Reaction score
Will do, waiting on a little bit warmer weather. I don’t mind it chilly but it’s a
b-tch when your fingers get numb. Supposed to be better towards the end of the week.

Gruffskipper

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I have tried to search the forum but haven’t had much luck so I figured I’d ask. I have a 2010 EB, Recently I have started hearing a noise, it happens when I hit the accelerator in the 900 to 1000rpm range. It sounds like a combination of a rattle and a scraping sound like the sound you hear when you drag a piece of metal across concrete. If I put the truck in park or neutral and rev the motor I won’t hear it, but if I put it in drive and hold the brake while revving I can get it to make the sound but not as pronounced as when I’m driving. The truck rides fine and I have no dash light warnings.

I was able to get some decent audio of it but I used the voice recorder app on my phone and can’t upload that file as an attachment so I’ll have to try again tomorrow.
Is this even remotely enough of a clue for anyone to give me an idea what I could be hearing?
Thanks
There is a heatshield on the cross connect pipe that is rattling. Had the exact same sound at just below 30mph. Driving through traffic let off a bit then back on.."braaap".

MaxinRelaxin

Reaction score
Anyone find out what the problem was? I have the exact same noise at the exact same RPMs. And it’s not my Heat shield rattling