Streering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDNplanner

Reaction score
Cant speak to the steering column specifically, but I've discovered in my own quests that while the Navigator parts are extreemly similar they do vary slightly. I've only had luck with the instrument cluster and sun visors fitting perfectly in my '97 Eddie Bauer when pulling parts from the same 97-02 Navigators.

OP
OP
B

BRYAN W HAYWARD

Reaction score
Thank you. I noticed that the mechanical stuff seems to be a good fit,but the options on the steering wheel are different. The wire harnesses have to be switched. Make sure you disconect the battery. I didn't and it tripped my antitheft. I had to take the dealer, and it is going to cost at least$130 possibly more... waiting to hear. I will post when they finally get it in the shop

NDNplanner

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the anti-theft thing going south, I've had my share of 'Doh' moments where I was swapping something out and forgot to disconnect the battery before jumping into it. Previously I had contemplated something similar where I wanted to swap out the climate controls in my '97 Expy for the digital controls in the same year Navigator but once I saw that I would have to swap out the entire wiring harness I abandoned that effort. Good luck man.