Strutmasters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanna give good feedback re: Strutmasters. Their website is strutmasters.com.

My wife's truck with rear airbags has had problems lately. The compressor was getting loud and there seemed to be a leak in one or both of the bags.

Strutmasters has good prices on all their parts, whether they are replacement air parts or the conversion kits.

I spoke with a knowledgeable gentleman from Strutmasters on the phone re: my problem. He highly recommended against replacing air parts once problems begin to pop up. So he talked me into the conversion kit. It was $345 for rear shocks and springs and instructions. I suppose you could buy just the springs, but I chose to replace the shocks too.

The conversion could be done with just everyday tools on your garage floor, but since I've been injured lately, I took advantage of free lift time at a buddy's alignment shop. It was a straightforward swap for the shocks and springs. And after my wife got home, we pulled the compressor/dryer assembly from under the hood and also cut the appropriate wire to keep the Check Suspension light from coming on. This requires getting into the dash, above the stereo/climate control cluster.

All in all, it's a few hour job. Not bad at all.

The customer service on the phone was top notch. I felt that I could trust their judgment on what to do with the truck. They have highly vested employees that enjoy working for the company.

The ride is good. Obviously, going from air ride to springs will change the ride a bit. It has slightly more roll in turns and might be just a tad bit stiffer in the back, but it's not real noticeable. The rid is quite good. And the ride height is perfectly stock. Not too high or too low for a family vehicle.

So I would recommend Strutmasters to anyone that is having problems with their air shock system.

5 stars!!