Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Virginia Gentry

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Expedition. The struts/shocks began to leak at 24,000. A few hundred miles out of warranty. Having always used the dealership to perform my maintenance, I called Ford after hearing a repair bill in the thousands. What? The windshield wipers lasted longer. Ford, stepped up to the plate, and provided me with resolve and shared solution of responsibility. I will never buy another car, other than a Ford. I still have that Expedition, and many other Fords sitting in my garages. Thank you, Ford.

Bill Gius

Reaction score
Although it's a bit older than yours, I changed all four shocks on my '03 EB this fall. Got the best price on Monroe shocks through Walmart. Rhine Auto came in 2nd. Took a little bit of time but with the help of a friend, we got it done in a few hours.

Brent Harward

Reaction score
I don't wanna be nasty, but... FoMoCo shocks suck pond water. Unless you like driving a parade float I suggest new shocks after the first year sticker "shock" goes away. And I agree with the thread. Bilsteins or Konis are great. Especially in the back! I've found the back end will want to throw you off the road if it's not well shocked. JS

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Expedition. The struts/shocks began to leak at 24,000. A few hundred miles out of warranty. Having always used the dealership to perform my maintenance, I called Ford after hearing a repair bill in the thousands. What? The windshield wipers lasted longer. Ford, stepped up to the plate, and provided me with resolve and shared solution of responsibility. I will never buy another car, other than a Ford. I still have that Expedition, and many other Fords sitting in my garages. Thank you, Ford.

Thousands my azz

Prime example of one hand ripping off the other... 200-700 parts depending on brand chosen (500-700 is an all 4 corners brand name coilover swap, convenient for DIYers but far from necessary to address leaky shocks in a shop environment), 1 man-hour per corner labor if your mechanic is an actual mechanic who has ever done this before has tools manuals etc....

Actually probably less, just takes longer for doubtful and confused hobbyists with random tools and random and contradictory advice from others of their kind

wadesdad

Reaction score
I replaced my wife's Navigator stuts with KYBs. Very happy with them. Firmer than stock, but not harsh.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford's shocks/struts are garbage. I've had multiples in the rear completely blow out with less than 30K on them. My mom has a 2015 Explorer and both of her rears completely blew out with less than 10K on the vehicle. I have since replaced all with Bilsteins. FWIW, I paid $344 including tax and shipping from 4wheelparts (4WP) via eBay.