Stuck on prompt volume?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
funny thing i had that happen to me for the first time yesterday and unplugged and replugged and it fixed it. but as time goes on i am getting more and more weird electrical glitches. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
funny thing i had that happen to me for the first time yesterday and unplugged and replugged and it fixed it. but as time goes on i am getting more and more weird electrical glitches. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

It happened to me once a week or two ago and then went away. Now almost every time I get in the car it happens. It’s a software issue for sure. Just can’t track down the particular situations causing it.

Super frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you done an update? I found mine had one available when I first got it so did that right away. Never had anything like this happen in my use.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought it was just me. Both my F150 and Expedition had this issue today. A master reset on the navigation fixed my expedition. My F150 required me to make a call with Siri and then adjust the volume during the call. This unstuck the volume prompt issue.

I think there was a recent iOS update.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought it was just me. Both my F150 and Expedition had this issue today. A master reset on the navigation fixed my expedition. My F150 required me to make a call with Siri and then adjust the volume during the call. This unstuck the volume prompt issue.

I think there was a recent iOS update.

So when you were making the call you
Adjusted volume knob and the snapped it out of being stuck on prompt volume?

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So weird...
Have you tried different devices? Have any Android phones in the fam? If I had to guess it is a phone issue, not truck. Meaning the phone is telling the car it's using a prompt when it's not. I had an issue with one of my "connected" tablets that would randomly tell my F150 it was making a call while listening to music. Which would switch to the crappy call codec so basically the music would randomly start sounding like crap. I would have to press the hang up button and it would switch back to the music codec and sound normal.

If you can revert your phone back to previous update that is another option to try.

On the truck side did you try disconnecting the battery yet?

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to other sites it has to do with a bug in the Waze app. Try deleting waze to see if it helps

Delete waze!?!! What kind of sick twisted animal are you?!!!

Ok I’ll try it. Didn’t come across that in my searches yet. Thanks

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Waze is the issue. My issue came back today and deleting Waze fixed it. I figure by the time I need to use Waze for commuting that they’ll have the bug fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69