Stuck Rear Hub Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Marksfps

Reaction score
I heated very carefully on the left and right sides of the outer housing. I didn't heat till it got red, I used a temp gun and stayed under 500 degrees, then it popped right off.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Marksfps

Reaction score
Here is a picture. I heated on the front of the guard and on the back where most of the meat of the metal is. e35088ccd0efedb4c85ae20c9d25a261.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spray it again, we posted a list of your best penetrating oils. Liquid wrench was one of the best for money. Is that a slide hammer flange puller in pic? A big slide hammer one works best. Do you have access to gas/acetylene torch? That would help. Propane ones don't get hot enough. It looks pretty rusty in that pic. How set up is your shop for this job?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Marksfps

Reaction score
This was a reply to Mrdoc.

This pc is the result, I used my oxy acetylene torch to heat it up slightly and the slide hammer attached to pull it off. Just the slide hammer was no good.

This pic is after the bearing came off.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I thought. A hot torch usually works the best. Problem is the op needs to be careful. Keep an ABC extinguisher handy just in case. Concentrate your heat, and don't over do it. Also this shouldn't need repeating but heat in a well ventilated area, away from any fuels, or explosives. Safety is Paramount. We want you guys back after Christmas!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk