Sudden lost of Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No physical signs of any kind of an oil leak underneath, the oil cap and dipstick is on.

Restarted the engine and it seemed okay again, just strange.

IMG_0164(2).JPG

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be a clogged, stuck, or loose connection on an oil pressure sending unit? I'm assuming these have one, I've had this very issue before, twice actually. Once when a jiffy lube (last time I ever used a shop to do an oil change) broke an oil pressure sending unit on a straight six, that not only caused the pressure to disappear like that but dumped 5qts of oil on the street and in my engine compartment. The second time, I had a fouled sending unit, the sensor was clogged and it wouldn't properly read. Trouble is, i'm betting you didn't get a code or anything, so troubleshooting it will be really hard.

OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I get the warning repeatedly now and the check engine light is on, it did get the cam phaser recall done last month.

My Ford service was able to let me bring it in now, currently waiting on diagnosis and they’re looking into my battery issue too.