Suggested Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbo777

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to the Expedition. Very happy with my truck but looking how I can improve my stock 2012 XLT.

Anyway am currently living in Dubai and looking to do some dune/beach driving. What mods including tire wheel combos would you guys recommend to make my off-roading experience more enjoyable and succesful.

Thanks for help.

Rob

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wide as you can go on the stock rim without anything crazy aggressive. The key to sand driving is staying on top. Do you have the 20s or the 18s? As far as other mods you could go as far as supercharging and still be down on power compared to the Patrols and Pardos over there. Spending time in that environment I would get the best possible air cleaner and a good exhaust, maybe a tune, gas seems pretty decent and predictable there.

PS where in Dubai are you? I typically stay down at the Marriot in the Green Community or up by the airport. Are you an ex-pat or Emirati?

OP
OP
R

robbo777

Reaction score
Thanks for the response MC. I am an expat out here curently living in Tecom close to the Marina.

I have got the 20's will take your advice and start shopping around to see what rubber is availale. Is it worth lifting with something like the ReadyLift kit? Will definately look at the aircleaner and exhaust as well.

Cheers Rob

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the response MC. I am an expat out here curently living in Tecom close to the Marina.

I have got the 20's will take your advice and start shopping around to see what rubber is availale. Is it worth lifting with something like the ReadyLift kit? Will definately look at the aircleaner and exhaust as well.

Cheers Rob

The exhaust is more subjective than anything. With a good tune, exhaust and intake you might pick up 30-50 hp depending on fuel quality and how good the tuner is.

You could look at a 305/55R20 Nitto Terra Grappler. I've run them on a few of our trucks and they are not bad for a cheap tire, they are good in everything except mud. I prefer Michelin, especially as hot as it get's there but Michelin does not have a wide 20" AT tire available at this time.

I'll be over there in the next month or two most likely, we'll have to stop over at the Irish village and grab a cold one.