Summit Racing and Bell Tech suspension systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe S.

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is kinda lengthy so here are the cliff's notes:
1) Summit Racing's customer service ROCKS!
2)Belltech's customer service ROCKS!
3) Belltech's components ROCK!

:D

Ok, now the full version! Lol

The airbag broke on my 99 Expedition and it needed shocks in a bad way. I didn't want to spend the money or time repairing the airbag. I had kicked around the idea of lowering the truck anyway so I decided to price some kits since the truck needed shocks too.

I use my truck to tow with so I wanted an inch more drop in the front than the rear so that with my trailer attached it would sit more level and not have a droopy rear under load. I decided on a 3/2 drop. Well after calling a couple places and looking online it seemed as if the only "systems" available for my truck offered the same drop in the front as the back.

The man at Summit Racing gave me Belltech and Groundforce's phone numbers so I gave them a call directly. The guy at Groundforce acted bothered that I had called and wasn't very helpful so I hung up and called Belltech.

The man I spoke to there acted very happy I had called and answered my questions with great knowledge. I told him what I was looking for and he told me that the man at Summit was correct that they didn't offer a system persay but that he could put one together for me and give me all the part numbers I needed. So after giving me the part numbers for the 3" front springs, 2" rear springs, alignment kit, and shocks for all corners I called Summit to get prices.

The Summit rep I dealt with was very helpful in getting the prices together and checking availabilty for me. He was very courteous all the way through the call. Total for all the parts came out to about $680 to my door.

Summit sent out emails keeping me up to date on the status of my order and I got all my parts when promised. I would highly recomend them for any of your truck needs.

As for the components themselves, they were dropshipped from Belltech and were neatly and securely packaged so they were not scratched up or damaged. They went on easily. The guy at the alignment shop even raved about how easy the alignment kit made lining up the front end, even with it sitting as low as it does. I am very pleased with the ride and performance of the suspension now. It really hugs the road and rides as good as stock.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more about the support that Summit gives. I live in Northern CA and one of their shipping centers is in Reno - about 300 miles away from me. I ordered all of my exhaust stuff from them when switching it on my expo and the service was great. They actually delivered part of the order to me the same day I ordered it, no extra charges or anything they were just that fast. The other parts came from a different center and took about two days, again I didn't pay for expideted shipping or anything. Also I got a coupon good for my next order with them but called and they were more than happy to just apply it to the order I had made for the exhaust. All in all Summit is a great company to order from and I always look to give them business now when I can.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
customer service goes a long way and you'd think that they would be happy to take our money...probably some disgruntled worker having a bad day...still needs to show the professionalism on the companies behalf and do his job...

how about showing some pics of the finished product? before and after would be great too...i'm riding on 24's...so i'm interested in seeing the drop...still on the fence if i'm going to drop mine or not.