Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dschallmo98expo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has opinions on what type of Supercharger to install. Do I get a used lightning supercharger or get an after market charger? If I get the lightning supercharger what do a need to make sure I get (All the pieces) Parts list if you say?

opps: you need more info: 98 Expo 2WD 5.4L New Crate Motor (Have not even taken the plastic off) Connected to a 4r100 Tranny (Rebuilt 2weeks ago, and Rebuilt Rear End)

Here is the after market one: Ford Expedition 5.4L 2V Procharger P-1SC Supercharger HO Intercooled Kit 97-02 attached is a picture.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a few members on here that have the supercharger. One that comes to mind is Toms89. Do a search and read about his build up.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kim bell and one other are the 2 that I found that offered for the expedition...if u can find a lightning somewhere u can take it from there

Kwik SC

Reaction score
A Lightning supercharger setup in a 5.4 Expedition is relatively easy to install. Do not try it with the 4.6 as the drivetrain is much weaker and will not stand up to the added power without some upgrades. There are some things you need to do to get it to run properly but as far as blower setups are concerned this is your best and most cost effective bet. Someone is always selling a Lightning SC setup in the classifieds over on Lightningrodder.com. My friend just did this in his 2000 and it makes 390fwhp and 500lbs of torque. The truck is crazy fast!! It shouldn't exist!! LoL

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm check that site out...I want one on my truck...what bout turbos?

Mr. 10K

Kwik SC

Reaction score
I'm check that site out...I want one on my truck...what bout turbos?

Mr. 10K

You can put whatever you want in the truck. Just be prepared to spend $$$$ for a turbo setup. It's going to require a built motor at minimum and tons of money fabricating the turbo setup. The lightning guys don't have anyone who sell turbo kits. They all need to be hand fabricated.

What you also need to understand is that the SVT Lightning has the same exact engine as the 5.4 Expedition (other than a lower compression point for the supercharger). If you exceed 450rwhp you stand a very good chance of shooting a rod out of the block on a brisk cold day. A stock lightning supercharger setup with some key bolt ons will easily exceed that 450 limit.

If you are serious about putting together a setup, I can help you with a list of parts you're going to need along with what needs to be done to make the computer tunable. Me and my friend took all the spare parts from our Lightning builds and literally Frankensteined his truck this year so it's still fresh in my head.

Attachments

• 20160111_011843.jpg
    20160111_011843.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20160111_011553.jpg
    20160111_011553.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be a while but it is on the list...if u can write it down and/ or make a spreadsheet and email me @ [email protected] I'd greatly appreciate it...it will be next to last thing I do to the truck

Mr. 10K

Kwik SC

Reaction score
Ok let me compile my list and ill get it to you

OP
OP
dschallmo98expo

dschallmo98expo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also would like a list of parts as I have acquired a used supercharger. The person whom I am getting this from is giving me everything to make the conversion. from plenum to supercharger to wiring harness to fuel rails and computer. I just want to make sure I get all the supplies. [email protected] thanks