Support adding auxiliary condenser fan to 2010 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mubarakma

Reaction score
Hello everyone

As you might aware I'm living in apart of the would having extreme summer with extreme temperature 46+ C
I'm planning to add auxiliary electric pusher that fits on radiator front to be working only with A/C and my question is
Do extra fan will help during heavy crowded road in such severe weather ?

If any one having Expedition with clutch fan who add one auxiliary can support on this .

Regards

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should already have electric fans pulling air through the radiator, not a clutch fan. Are the fans coming on when you turn on your A/C ?
A pusher fan may help at slow speeds or when the vehicle is stopped in traffic. But it will hurt airflow at highway speeds. I don't think anything but a good rain shower will help in 46+C temperatures. That's toasty.

OP
OP
Mubarakma

Mubarakma

Reaction score
You should already have electric fans pulling air through the radiator, not a clutch fan. Are the fans coming on when you turn on your A/C ?
A pusher fan may help at slow speeds or when the vehicle is stopped in traffic. But it will hurt airflow at highway speeds. I don't think anything but a good rain shower will help in 46+C temperatures. That's toasty.
Thank you for your reply
First of all my car is black on black so it's heat magnate
Yes my car having electric fan why I ask the owner of 2008 and below because normally they have to do this option
The pusher that I'm going to install for support A/C performance in this summer since during traffic A/C performance will decrease .
Again thank you waiting the other folks to hear from them

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May want to use a water drip system like you can add to a home a/c condenser.
An aftermarket windshield washer pump and tank. Maybe truck sized tank. Mist the radiator every minute or two with a timer, just enough to wet it. Add a thermostat to save water at night. Use an anticorrosive additive.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

tdappleman

Reaction score
I just sold my shop but worked with A/C systems quite a bit prior to semi-retiring. It would take quite a bit of water to cool the condenser enough to make it worthwhile. There were times I would run a hose over the condenser for several minutes to cool things down. Wonder if you could capture the condensation from the evaporator to help keep the main tank filled?

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might be surprised how much better water transfers heat compared to air, just getting the top of condenser damp would decrease head pressure.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to put a pusher on one of my older trucks so it ran only when the a/c was on. Used a relay powered (on/off) from the clutch switch & powered straight to battery with fused circuit. Still working after 12 years. Makes a big difference in slow traffic and idling. Make sure the fan you use can let enough air pass when not in use. I use a 14" fan off of a 1998 Taurus SHO on passenger side of condenser. Small but moves a lot of air.

OP
OP
Mubarakma

Mubarakma

Reaction score
I had to put a pusher on one of my older trucks so it ran only when the a/c was on. Used a relay powered (on/off) from the clutch switch & powered straight to battery with fused circuit. Still working after 12 years. Makes a big difference in slow traffic and idling. Make sure the fan you use can let enough air pass when not in use. I use a 14" fan off of a 1998 Taurus SHO on passenger side of condenser. Small but moves a lot of air.
Thank you this is actually what I need to do .
Could you please add the part number?.