Swapping out Side Mirrors without turn signal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlovertonjr

Reaction score
I just recently upgraded from a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expy to a 2017 Expy XLT, one of the things i notice the most is that the side mirrors do not have the turn signals in them. Is this a easy to change the side mirrors for ones with turn signal built in or will the wiring be the biggest challenge.

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would almost say that the wiring is down underneath the door panels cuz I'm not going to not put different wiring harnesses cars with or without turn signals

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ummmm. My 2017 XLT has the turn signals on the aft side of the mirrors. Perhaps they were part of some "package?"

-- Chuck

It was part of the 202A upgrade package for the XLTs.

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been curious about this too. If the wiring is already there it would be a pretty simple swap.

Expy_Tac

Reaction score
Those mirrors look great. On my “to-do” list for sure. Install looks pretty straightforward. There’s a decent video on YouTube. Not sure if we can post direct links but just search for “Trail Ridge Tow Mirrors for Ford Expedition” and the guy shows door panel removal, install and wiring. Not a great vid but enough for those of us who like to see a visual as opposed to reading a manual.