Switched to side exit exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over Christmas break I finally made the change to side exit exhaust. I used (2) stainless band clamps,a stainless 16 gauge 45 degree bend, an adjustable stainless exhaust hanger, and a stainless 12" long 3" to 4" clamp on dynomax exhaust tip. I flipped the frame mounted factory exhaust mount around backwards to meet up better with the adjustable exhaust hanger. All of the parts were from Summit racing.

No more exhaust in my face while hooking up the boat trailer, no more exhaust in the cabin when the vent windows are open at highway speeds, and it has just a slight amount of grumble now, which actually sounds pretty good.

Also, be-warned that the OEM resonator/tailpipe assembly was a bit of a pain to get off, I ended up lowering the spare, removing the heat shield, and going at it with my air hammer.. I was careful not to damage it though so I can put it back on if/when I sell it or trade it in.

Exh1.jpg Exh2.jpg

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Over Christmas break I finally made the change to side exit exhaust. I used (2) stainless band clamps,a stainless 16 gauge 45 degree bend, an adjustable stainless exhaust hanger, and a stainless 12" long 3" to 4" clamp on dynomax exhaust tip. I flipped the frame mounted factory exhaust mount around backwards to meet up better with the adjustable exhaust hanger. All of the parts were from Summit racing.

No more exhaust in my face while hooking up the boat trailer, no more exhaust in the cabin when the vent windows are open at highway speeds, and it has just a slight amount of grumble now, which actually sounds pretty good.

View attachment 28059 View attachment 28060

Looks great! Mind posting Part numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stainless Steel Black Coated Angle Cut Roll End Exhaust Tip 3" Inlet 4" Outlet 12" Length For Pickup Trucks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RB79FP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fa8iCb40NE1H4

This is the one I plan on using but will likely do a VHT high temp overcoat.

I have had all the parts in my Amazon wish list for awhile now. Just no spare cash to toss at it.