Switched to side exit exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drmayer88

Reaction score
Update on sound/noise difference after this mod. I cannot tell any difference inside the truck (at least from the drivers seat). It does have a slight rumble at idle that I can hear from the outside as others have mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update on sound/noise difference after this mod. I cannot tell any difference inside the truck (at least from the drivers seat). It does have a slight rumble at idle that I can hear from the outside as others have mentioned.

Maybe work on installing the fake engine noise generator the F-150s have?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I will take no natural sound over that crap! I have it in my Edge. I can turn it off via FORSCAN but it turns off noise canceling also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drmayer88

Reaction score

Haha there you go! :)

I did it for the cosmetic difference as the stock setup was truly an engineering afterthought.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good. Never even thought of someone doing this. We are planning to buy an EcoBoost EL next year and will definitely keep this in mind. I always thought they looked odd with the single outlet in the back.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I took the rear resonator off at the clamp and did a 45* into a corsa style tip

Now I see, Cell phone screen made it look like the Muffler was there. I like that look now that I see it on a bigger screen!