Switching seat arrangement???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJBookie

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2015 Expy EL Platinum. We have been searching for some time for a reasonable deal on one, and found this. The only thing we would change is that the second row has captains chairs, instead of a bench seat. We prefer a bench seat there, but would settle for being able to switch the 3rd row bench for the captains chairs. Does anyone know if that can be done, and has anybody done it?

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 3rd row seats are completely different than the captains chairs.

Can it be done? Sure. Literally anything can be accomplished with a grinder and a welder.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
would settle for being able to switch the 3rd row bench for the captains chairs.
Moving the third row to the second is not a good option (wont fit/not safe/to hard to do)
Your best bet is to find a 2nd row bench seat.
Many members have change out captain for bench (bench to captain also)
use the search box top right of the page to find more information.

Pirublues

Reaction score
I have a 2015 platinum with heated 2nd row bench seats. I'd love some captain chairs instead. My bench seats are in great shape with 75k miles on them. Located in San Antonio.