Sylvania SilverStar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. If they are as bright as their Silverstar counterparts, then that is an upgrade that I plan on doing in the near future.

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a set of the SilverStars for my '98 a few weeks ago. The light is a little "whiter" and it is a little easier to see, but they're not as bright as HID lamps. I had a '97 Lincoln Mark VIII with factory-installed HIDs and they were definately much brighter than the SilverStars.

I got the SilverStars on sale at Target. They were $29.99 for the pair of model 9007. If they are still on sale, I may pick up another pair for the fog lights. That way all of the lights will match.

Ross

OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, they def. are not as "bright" as HIDs, but they are brighter than stock. Or maybe because they are "whiter" they seem "brighter."

May have to go check Target. Thx for the tip :)

OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would have to do with the color at which it burns. If you like the "color" of the Sylvania's then get some 4000K HIDs.

sstarchart.gif

Then again, I'm not an expert. ;)

Last edited:

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They compare the 5400k to daylight. They consider daylight to have blue tint?
Also I'm looking on ebay for some, and they seem cheap. Whats a good brand?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of like an update.

Finally got the matching fog lights :) So, this is what a 2003 Expedition with Sylvania Silverstars looks like. No overly blue tint is evident. More like a pleasing white :) IMO, one of the first upgrades one should do on a car (unless you are going for the HIDs.)

Fogs were very simple to put in. Just disconnect the plug, twist the bulb, pull out. Put the new bulb in, put the plug back in, and you're good :)

Sylvanialights.jpg

Here is somewhat of a comparison between the stock fog lights and the Sylvania. The difference should be be placed so much in the apparent brightness (because of the nature of the Auto mode of the camera), but more on the color difference between the two.

foglightstock.jpg
foglightSylvania.jpg

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ELVATO

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have smoked covers?

Either way, I don't know about them going through better. Considering it is the same wattage as the stock bulb, I don't think light output itself is brighter. The human eye perceives it as brighter.

BTW, I just went to Target, and apparently, they still have the Silverstars on "sale" at 29.99.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205