Sync 2.3 Dealer Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After reading the difficulties on this site on owners trying to update their Expeditions Sync units with a dysfunctional (at least for me) Ford download website for the Sync 2.3 update I decided since I was scheduled for first oil change was to let the dealer do it.
Taking my 2017 Expedition Limited in for service, the oil change as expected took all of 15 minutes. They throw the first oil change in for free, so that was great. After that the afternoon began to drag and one hour turned into 2. The service tech had a laptop hooked up directly to the truck and at one point the Service Writer led me out to have a look see. The PC showed 75% loaded after that 1 1/2 hour point, in 2 hours it was done and loaded after restart.
The did not charge for the 2.3 Update, not sure if that was because I was a new customer or that they were embarrassed how long the Update took. In any event hard to complain with no billing.
So, I recommend getting the dealer to perform this, at least till Ford gets their Owner Download abilities to at least 20th Century standards. This should be a 10 minute maximum download procedure and 10 minutes to load to truck USB port, not hours!

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s a little long. I did my update in my driveway connected to my WiFi...took 20 minutes.