Sync 3 Oddity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since I bought new in June of this year, my Car Play app has worked flawlessly until today. I start the truck, plug in the iPhone just like always...and no Car Play. It wasn't even listed in the Settings Menu (usually sits next to the Android app icon). Unplug the phone, plug it back in...nothing. Checked the console USB ports to make sure I was plugged in correctly....nothing.

Shut the truck off, opened and shut the door. Restarted everything, just as always. This time, the iPhone didn't connect at all (Bluetooth). Then the phone froze. Shut the phone off, restarted it and the truck again. No Car Play and it would not connect to my iphone through Bluetooth. I'm slightly pissed now.

Off to the store for errand i was running. Came out of the store, started the truck and plugged in the phone. Everything worked. The Car Play app icon was there, and the phone connected via Car Play and Bluetooth.

To me, thats just weird.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it possible either your phone or the Sync was processing an update of some kind?