Sync 4 Version Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don't need wifi enabled for updates; if it's not it will update over cellular. I've never enabled wifi since I've had my '22 (November) and I've gotten 2 updates so far with auto-update turned on.

(BTW not the best idea to show your VIN)

Skylais

Reaction score
I have a '23 with 15" screen (Sync 4a). My version says:

SYNC 4 Software Version: 22277_PRODUCT
Revision 588

As I look through the forum people are discussing not getting their version update from 3.5.3 to 3.5.4 or something similar. I do not have a version number that is in the form X.X.X. Is mine behind in updates? I have it connected to Wi-Fi in my driveway and I have turned on automatic updates for every night of the week, but nothing. Even if I try to manual updates it just I'm at the current version.

Thoughts?

Thanks!View attachment 76902
Hey there, I have same exact version and issue as you. I've done some cross-referencing based on information from a mach-e forum post:

Update 3.5.3 is listed as "22228 Rev. 539".
bbenz3 3.5.4 is listed as "22293 Rev. 610"

Based on this, I'd say we are between there somewhere, although the mach-e, f150, numbers may vary a bit.

Other users on this site, have posted about getting an update that "
  • Adds ability to enter your vehicle using your Key Fob during a non-drivable update"
Which on the link I posted is 4.1.1, much higher than we are now. I want to get to " 22326 Rev. 640" which is apparently when the knob works with the A/C.
4.2.2.2 is the one button camera update it appears.

In short, we are way behind most other models, and behind some of our peers on this forum. I am going to try and be patient, but I might go the route of manually updating with FDRS, however its expensive to do as the adapter alone is over 500 bucks, another 100-200 to supply batter with power, 50 bucks for a license, a usb stick, and a lot of man-hours baking in the vehicle hoping you don't brick it.
I have no faith any dealers around me will bother trying to update it. Too many folks in Houston area, and service departments are always extremely busy.

Last edited: