Sync and Keyless help with "New to me" 2010 Expedition XLT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpeter

Reaction score
I just inherited, from my 96 year old father, a very low mileage (14,650) 2010 Expedition XLT with Sync and keyless entry. Deep Pearl Blue with a Stone Grey interior and 3rd row seats. Very nice ride.

It's replacing my 2005 Explorer Limited with over 147,000 well earned miles on it.

Of course Dad has no idea what the keyless entry code is, he never used it and lost the little card that came in the owners papwerwork.

If it's like my Explorer, the 5 digit code is probably somewhere in the car itself, just not sure where on a 2010 XLT. From my searches it seems they moved the "secret" location around form year to year.

He also never used the Sync feature either, opting to play some CDs on the 6 CD unit.

It seems the Sync is a Bluetooth capability? So I can use my phone for calls or to connect my I phone or I Pod to the in car stereo system and listen to music?

Any help, thread references I missed or references to You tube videos (for the simple minded) will be greatly appreciated.

69charged

Reaction score
When I got my navigator, the code was on the back of the computer on the passenger side kick panel. You remove the kick panel cover, and remove the 2 ( or 3) bolts, pull it away from the mount and it’s on the back of that computer. Also, on the stereo, you can set everything up that you need in the menu button. It will ask you to enter the code it has provided on the screen into your phone. That should be it.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Sorry, double tap.
My son LOVES his video games.