Sync quirks...tips and tricks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So there’s some stuff that I’ve noticed about sync and some others picked up on by others that we could log them and if anyone has work arounds etc they could share. Seems the expedition has some sync quirks that other fords using sync don’t have too...interesting.

1) XM/mobile apps (weather etc) seem to disappear once your phone is plugged in?
2) favorites/preset list of stations can only be from a single source (as opposed to a merged favorites list)
3) the preset/favorites screen locks you into an endless loop of only 6 stations. Using the ‘next’ button only brings you to the ‘next’ station but won’t move to the ‘next screen’ when you’re on the 6th station.
4) voice search. Seems that if your phone is plugged in the ‘voice’ button wakes Siri as opposed to the sync search. Is there a way to keep Siri from being the default assistant when a phone is plugged in?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So there’s some stuff that I’ve noticed about sync and some others picked up on by others that we could log them and if anyone has work arounds etc they could share. Seems the expedition has some sync quirks that other fords using sync don’t have too...interesting.

1) XM/mobile apps (weather etc) seem to disappear once your phone is plugged in?
2) favorites/preset list of stations can only be from a single source (as opposed to a merged favorites list)
3) the preset/favorites screen locks you into an endless loop of only 6 stations. Using the ‘next’ button only brings you to the ‘next’ station but won’t move to the ‘next screen’ when you’re on the 6th station.
4) voice search. Seems that if your phone is plugged in the ‘voice’ button wakes Siri as opposed to the sync search. Is there a way to keep Siri from being the default assistant when a phone is plugged in?

On 4...if you press and hold (for several seconds) the voice button while on CarPlay, it will bring up the Sync prompt. And vice versa...if you don’t have your phone plugged in and hold the voice button for several seconds, it will bring up Siri.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On 4...if you press and hold (for several seconds) the voice button while on CarPlay, it will bring up the Sync prompt. And vice versa...if you don’t have your phone plugged in and hold the voice button for several seconds, it will bring up Siri.

Interesting. So a quick press brings up sync, long press Siri? Will have to try. Good info!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. So a quick press brings up sync, long press Siri? Will have to try. Good info!

Or the reverse if CarPlay is active. Siri becomes default under those circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
1)There is a setting for that. Apps while on USB, can’t remember what screen, but it is in there. Also, if CarPlay/AA is active, Sync Apps no longer are active. One or the other.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2/3) Are the same problem. I think I figured out what the issue is. Our new 2020 Expedition does the way you describe and it came with 3.4 from the factory. My Explorer ST with the 10 Inch does opposite, multi sources across multiple pages. I honestly think it is a FORSCAN setting but too busy tuning on the ST to dig.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2/3) Are the same problem. I think I figured out what the issue is. Our new 2020 Expedition does the way you describe and it came with 3.4 from the factory. My Explorer ST with the 10 Inch does opposite, multi sources across multiple pages. I honestly think it is a FORSCAN setting but too busy tuning on the ST to dig.

Does your ST have the portrait screen or landscape? I wonder if it is related to the size of the new screens. We have a new Aviator and it lets you have multiple sources on multiple pages. The Aviator screen is landscape. And it’s a rocket ship for its size. Tuning it would be to much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Portrait. Same size as yours just different orientation.

4.23 Dragy confirmed 0-60 on a 93 Tune. Working on E50 now. SO MUCH fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Snoozdoc

Reaction score
Plugging in my iphone fails intermittently. I’ve not been able to pinpoint any other variables that predispose to the failure. It’s super annoying. A web search alluded to perhaps doing a factory reset by way of the touchscreen. But I’ve tried to avoid that unless the intermittent issue issue becomes more consistent. Ideally I’d like it to happen when I have a friend shotgun who has an iphone as well. But hasn’t happened yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69