Tailgate button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Hoffman

Reaction score
I have a 2011 expedition XLT. The button on the handle for the tailgate no longer works. The button to for the liftgate glass does. The tailgate will open with the dash button or with the button on the key fob. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2011 expedition XLT. The button on the handle for the tailgate no longer works. The button to for the liftgate glass does. The tailgate will open with the dash button or with the button on the key fob. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?
Did you check the fuses?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Some have reported on this forum they had to replace the button on the handle. There are several posts but I don’t have a link.