The Expedition is listed in 2018's Longest Lasting Vehicle List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Priuses last forever too though... know plenty of taxi and uber drivers with 300+ on their clocks

The low % is just cause so many soccer moms and hipsters run them as 8k/year grocery getters

Yep the Prius is on the lists too. That's why I was looking into a used one as a mileage burner. Already looked into Hybrid Battery replacement. They are modular. Basically it's made up of many individual, replaceable batteries. Plus I've had 2 previously for work. Very solid dependable low maintenance cars. They just work. I'm a bit of a lead foot. It's funny the looks you get when passing others at highway speeds. So many speed up. Even driving like that I still got 48mpg.

Anyway as I approach 50,000 miles on my 2017, it was concerning it would have over 200,000 by the time it's paid off at this rate.

OP
OP
C

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fake news. Six percent achieve 200,000 miles? Either a lot of these are wrapped around trees, or they're just making stuff up. I don't think I've ever seen an Expedition in a junkyard with less than 200,000 miles.

In the article:
according to research by iSeeCars.com, which analyzed 13.5 million cars sold in 2017

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fake news. Six percent achieve 200,000 miles? Either a lot of these are wrapped around trees, or they're just making stuff up. I don't think I've ever seen an Expedition in a junkyard with less than 200,000 miles.

THANK YOU Train.......guys...a little critical thinking here would be good.....seems like guys are reading and taking this at face value when the reality is, on the LONGEST lasting truck....only 6 out of 100 even make it that far. Think your odds are better?

Even worse, the %'s drop dramatically as you go down the list!

jeff

Josue R Vallejo

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition Limited with 190,000 everything still original. Right now for the first time I’m about to do a engine overhaul so hopefully I’ll last me another 200,000 miles.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition Limited with 190,000 everything still original. Right now for the first time I’m about to do a engine overhaul so hopefully I’ll last me another 200,000 miles.

It wont last another 200,000 after an engine overhaul, everything else around the engine is going to fall apart piece by piece

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might want to spring for a couple of Ford timing phasers. Your already in there, it sure would be a shame to have to do the timing area twice!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just doing the basic stuff like timing chain, tensioner, sprocket, and a better oil pump.

With good care and maintenance it will last a long time to come. Miles aren’t a bad thing. A truck that’s been driven and taken care of is better than one with lower mileage that hasn’t had the basics done.

Josue R Vallejo

Reaction score
Might want to spring for a couple of Ford timing phasers. Your already in there, it sure would be a shame to have to do the timing area twice!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
Yes I wrote the wrong word (sprocket) lol, but yes. It’s definitely going on as well!!!