The new dude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Expaddiction

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Still looking for the right Expy and hopefully might have found it if I can get out to where it is tomorrow and buy it before I get beat to it. They're gonna have to get up early though lol. I'll post pics soon I get it or another.

Benji-Man

Reaction score
Take your time, a wise man once said "Rushing into a vehicle purchase is much like rushing into marriage. You will be trying to convince yourself that you are happy with your decision. When all the while wishing you had went for a different model with a better trim line".

Do your homework on pros & cons, learn the door codes, actually crawl underneath and check tailing arms, look for axle tags to confirm door code, check for rust problems as well as oil seal issues. Check under drivers dash for the water spots from the leaky windshield. The deals are to be had, offer low with all due respect, just point out a few of the flaws. Be nice but be willing to walk away. Got mine for $3000.00 w/146,000 miles, well worn but mechanically sound.

When I purchased my 2001 Expedition on repo last June. The loan officer, in his shiny suit and shoes, couldn't believe when I disappeared under the truck to inspect the drive line while in the parking lot. Small little issues like loose shifter bolts, nonoperational fuel gauge, and a wow how many kids did you say they had.

Notice my wife's Honda NOT pictured below.

Last edited:

gharris129

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good luck man my y2k xlt was $3225 w 145k on it I love my truck now that it is in good working order. remember these are more than a decade used some harder than others. they were also 35k or more so you will have to work on it to get it nice but as inexensive as they are these days you can do it on a shoe string budget. good luck i cant wait to see what you end u with