the tornado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well guys i had the tornato on my truck and took it off well i put if back on and i am getting about a one mile increase with it i mean it aint much but every little bit counts

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
this is what ford techs say about it

Does that Tornado Inffomecal make you laff

It makes me mad thinking about how much money they are making selling a piece of tin that does nothing but mess up PCM's calcualtions.

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Robert Wright Apr 30 2003, 08:58 PM Post #2

Group: Staff
Member No.: 922

i heavily recommend the tornado. for an orange juicing tool, not an addition to a car.

--------------------

FLAT RATE TECH STAFF
GM World Class Certified Technician,
ASE master Certified
I was wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me!

Full Edit
Quick Edit
BMasterjerry Apr 30 2003, 09:14 PM Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

Originally posted by JSnake99Vert:
It makes me mad thinking about how much money they are making selling a piece of tin that does nothing but mess up PCM's calcualtions.
...Also "draws" excessively from the PCV fresh air hose on the 4.6 that swells the hoses and dumps extra oil into the intake system...

--------------------

Jerry Byrum
"You'll never get rich working for someone else"

Full Edit
Quick Edit
J.R. Apr 30 2003, 09:50 PM Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,277

No, actually the infomercial makes me want to put a 44 slug through the tv. I bit on one of these years ago for a car that I had at the time. I really liked the "drop in-no mods required
loser.gif
". Yeah, right. After cutting the living crap out of my fingers on the blades trying to install it I gave up & called them to see what the heck was going on. I was told to take tin shears & make a small slit in it-enough to give it some "give". Well, it finally went in but still didn't fit perfect. I used it & couldn't tell one bit of difference either powerwise or at the pumps. Went to send it back to get my money back but guess what-it was modified-no go! Yeah, I think everybody should race out & buy one
JR

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Jeff K May 1 2003, 12:34 PM Post #5

Group: Members +
Member No.: 1,304

Lets see... if I get a Tornado, one of those magnets that clips on the fuel line to magnetize the gas molecules, throw a few bottles of some oil additive that has chunks of PTFE in it in the crankcase, I should be able to double my horsepower, get 50 MPG, and make my engine last 5 million miles!! LMAO!
loser.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well for the price i paid for it i cant conplain and i thought for what it is 1 mile is better then anything but if i had to buy one for the full price i wouldnt do it i would save some more money and do a cold ait intake instead

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i see then but i havent changed anything else but ok it looks like i might just be ordering a cold air intake in a few weeks

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When people get so-called "MPG improvers" they tend to drive slower and do other things to maximize MPG, then attribute the gains to the things they just spent $$$ on...rather than their change in habits, which my be subconscious.

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont drive the truck any different and the wife dont either but i have seen with colder weather the truck runs better and i am getting better gas milage

croatone

Reaction score
Physics are a fun thing. Technicaly creating a vortex moves air faster through a hole than no vortex. This being said the vortex of air is too disturbed by the time it gets into your intake manifold to do any good. Its a waste of money on anything besides a tbi motor with the throttle body right in the middle of the manifold. Like an old tbi 350 chevy. Gains are still minimul at best. save your money on that nonsense. I gained a documented .6 mpg by just changing the engine,transmision,both axles and tranfer case to full synthetics.